Wild Ground Beef Tacos
Easy Ground Beef Tacos!
The ultimate easy and fast dinner that stretches to feed a crowd and customizes to each picky eater.. TACOS. This is the basic seasoning mix we like for the ground beef. You can use your taco meat for salads, wraps, lettuce cups, loading into skillet chili con queso! Get creative with your toppings and have FUN with taco night.. maybe experiment with your favorite margarita recipe too.
The Seasoning Supplies
Per 1 lb of Wild Earth Ground Beef or Ground Sirloin
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch Red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste
Basic Taco Steps
- Combine spices in a bowl.
- Brown the beef in a heavy bottom or cast iron skillet, breaking it up with a wooden spatula until the desired texture is achieved. Some like fine grind and some like chunky.. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle.
- Once the beef is broken up, add the spices and stir well to combine.
- Continue cooking on Medium heat until the beef is cooked through.
Serve with your favorite taco toppings in a soft of crunchy shell. Shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, and salsa! You can saute up some yellow squash, onions, and peppers to veg up your tacos!
The Cheesy Taco Supreme Supplies
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 C shredded cheddar
- Optional( but super tasty) small can of Rotel or ½ can fire roasted tomatoes
Personally, I like mine fully loaded extra cheese, extra everything.. Yum!
Extras: Pico de Gallo, Guacamole or sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, sour cream, and salsa!
- Brown the beef and get it chopped finely with a wooden spatula.
- Once the desired texture is achieved, add in the seasonings, mix well, and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the onions, chilies, and tomatoes ( if using). Cook another 5-8 minutes on Medium to Medium-low heat until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, remember when adding more “heat” this will intensify with time.
- Reduce to low and stir in the cheese. You can make these as gooey as you’d like! Serve in lettuce cups, tortillas, or even over Fritos for a cheesy Frito Pie!